[Samba] getent passwd problem

Wasim Bashir bashirwz at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 23 04:58:24 MST 2009

Hi,

I have replicated this on a test box, if you do a net cache flush, then
restart samba and winbind,

run getent passwd (only displays local users)
then net cache list (will display all cache of remote users)

The only way i know  to fix this is to rename idmap config <name> and
restart samba/winbind... but a week later the problem will be back..

seems strange to me, is this a bug with 3.3.9 or am i missing something here
?

Thanks,

Wasim