[Samba] Absolute path of file transferred using samba

HariK hhariprasad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 21:36:40 MST 2009

Hi,
My interest is not in the audit module as such. I have a custom application
running in uclinux that maintains a database for all entries in a directory
say /mydir. When I add files or folders into the directory mydir using
samba, I want my database to get updated correspondingly. My idea is to
establish a message queue between my application and smbd, smbd will post
messages with the file or folder path in the message.

Could you please let me know in which file(s) of samba's source can I do the
changes to hook the message queue creation and message posting stuff. It
should be in the sources wherein the absolute destination path of the file
or folder that is copied from windows using samba is visible.

Please clarify.