[Samba] Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped) when running testparm & [sn]mbd with default config

Tue Dec 22 13:16:48 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 12:12:36PM -0800, RuiDC wrote:
> > Very weird. Next step I would try is to compile the typical
> > "hello, world" program and see what that does. Beyond that
> > -- I doubt that without access to such a box (which I do not
> > have) I can be of much help.
> >
> Other compiles, including nano and bash have worked fine.
> Is there anything else i can do?
> Has samba ever worked on FreeBSD on ARM?
> Is this configuration supported by Samba?

Well, in theory it should work, and I'd love to make it run.
The next steps I would try is to step by step strip down the
compile options from the Makefile, maybe also try to
eliminate the shared libraries we link in until we end up
with something simple enough that it starts to work.
Alternatively, I would try to just compile "hello, world"
with more and more Samba compile options and libraries until
it breaks. But this is an iterative process that is very
difficult to guide you through via mail.

Volker