[Samba] Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped) when running testparm & [sn]mbd with default config

Tue Dec 22 12:55:03 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:49:52AM -0800, RuiDC wrote:
> ok, i have uninstalled the port version, verified it was gone, downloaded
> 3.3.9 source from samba.org, recompiled using ./configure.developer (output
> attached  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26893324/samba_vanilla.tar.gz
> samba_vanilla.tar.gz ), run a make (output also in attachment), and make
> install, and run:
> set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/samba/lib
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> and get what looks like the same output:
> [root at splug /usr/local/samba/bin]# ./testparm
> Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped)
> [root at splug /usr/local/samba/bin]# gdb ./testparm
> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "arm-marcel-freebsd"...
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/local/samba/bin/testparm
>
> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
> 0x00012104 in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  0x00012104 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
> Error accessing memory address 0x0: Bad address.
> (gdb) list
> 264                      fprintf(stderr,"Warning: Service %s defines a print
> command, but \
> 265     rameter is ignored when using CUPS libraries.\n",
> 266                                lp_servicename(s) );
> 267             }
> 268     #endif
> 269     }
> 270
> 271      int main(int argc, const char *argv[])
> 272     {
> 273             const char *config_file = get_dyn_CONFIGFILE();

Very weird. Next step I would try is to compile the typical
"hello, world" program and see what that does. Beyond that
-- I doubt that without access to such a box (which I do not
have) I can be of much help.

Sorry,

Volker