[Samba] Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped) when running testparm & [sn]mbd with default config

Tue Dec 22 08:52:44 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 07:41:44AM -0800, RuiDC wrote:
> Volker Lendecke wrote:
> >
> > Probably you need to talk to the port maintainer then, if it
> > is not possible for you to try the vanilla build yourself.
> >
> I've asked the port maintainer if he can jump in on this thread. And i'll
> seek to see if i can do the vanilla build. In the meanwhile, here is the
> output from the make attached
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p26890200/samba_build_debug.tar.gz
> samba_build_debug.tar.gz

There's a ton of

lib/md5.c: In function 'byteReverse':
lib/md5.c:36: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type

These are potentially worrying. Most are probably okay, but
someone needs to go through and check all alignment
requirements are correctly met.

Volker