[Samba] Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped) when running testparm & [sn]mbd with default config

Tue Dec 22 03:32:07 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 01:43:35AM -0800, RuiDC wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 8 on a Sheevaplug (ARM5 processor)
> I compiled and installed Samba 3.3.9 from ports using defaults and defaults
> for dependencies.
> I left the smb.conf file untouched, ran testparm and immediately received
> the coredump.
> The same happens running smbd and nmbd.
>
> Can anyone help me resolve?
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p26879957/testparm.core.gz testparm.core.gz

vlendec at host:/tmp$ gunzip testparm.core.gz

gzip: testparm.core.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated

Even if this had worked: I doubt that I could have done a
lot with a FreeBSD 8 ARM5 core. Can you run that under a
debugger and show a full backtrace (if you're using gdb it
would be the command "bt full").

Thanks,

Volker