[Samba] Absolute path of file transferred using samba

HariK hhariprasad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 23:55:30 MST 2009

Hi Jeremy,

I have used samba as a blackbox and not adept with its internals. My
requirement is as follows:
I started smbd session in linux and in windows, gave the ip address of the
linux pc. When I transfer a file to the linux pc, I want the smbd
application to print the absolute path of the file's destination. For
example, assume the linux pc ip is 10.142.14.100 and samba path is /tmp.
Suppose I transfer a file temp.txt to a folder /tmp/dir1, then smbd must
print the path "/tmp/dir1/temp.txt".

For this to happen, what are the code changes to be done in smbd module?

Please clarify.