[Samba] Samba + Cups 2200 Laserjet printer

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 20:10:25 MST 2009

>> So, unless you are using windows 2k or older, is there really a point to
>> installing the printer via //server/hplj2200 ?
>>

> Scott, just curious.  How many printers do you have?  And how many client
> machines are you serving these to?
>
> Depending on your answer, then serving the queues off samba may be more
> advantageous that sharing directly off CUPS.

I thought printing was pretty easy with samba (unless you want point
and print which can be tricky). I mean set your printing to cups and
with a working cups ( I mean no 127.0.0.1 or localhost in the cups
config) and that is pretty much all. Well unless you want to play
games with user rights for who can admin the printer share instead of
just the admins or those in the printers group.

John