[Samba] Configure a linux client to be a member of a Samba Domain and allow users from Domain to sign on.

Ryan Davis rrdavis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:57:07 MST 2009

here is the output of testparm:

~$ testparm
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[print$]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[global]
    workgroup = GO
    server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
    security = DOMAIN
    map to guest = Bad User
    obey pam restrictions = Yes
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    pam password change = Yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
    unix password sync = Yes
    syslog = 0
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
    dns proxy = No
    wins server = 152.xx.xxx.xx
    usershare allow guests = Yes

[printers]