[Samba] smbclient(3.4.2) needs credentials to view all shares

Ken str0belight at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:51:34 MST 2009

After upgrading to fedora 11, I noticed with samba 3.4.2 I could no

longer view all the shares I have access to from my linux box to a
windows server.

The command line is "smbclient -U domain/user%pass -L //server".

I modified libsmb/clidfs.c in cli_cm_connect() and added the line

       cli_init_creds(cli, get_cmdline_auth_info_username(auth_info),
lp_workgroup(), get_cmdline_auth_info_password(auth_info));

after the do_connect() call and this at least allowed me to view the
shares I have access to.

However, not being a samba expert, I leave the proper solution up to others.

Thanks.

Ken