[Samba] UNIX accounts needed for machine accounts?

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Wed Dec 16 07:45:39 MST 2009

Ralf Hornik Mailings schrieb:
> Ralf Hornik Mailings <ralf at best.homeunix.org> schrieb:
>
>> then point libnss on your samba related machines to
>> "ou=int,dc=domain,dc=com" and any other machines to dc=domain,dc=com.
>
> Sorry, I made a mistake. Point your samba related machines to
> "ou=int,dc=domain,dc=com" and your none samba related machines to
> "ou=ext,dc=domain,dc=com"

Yes I thought about that but unfortunately this would imply to
completely put the internal and the external stuff in a separate tree.

But the idea about my design (ou={int,ext},ou=users,...) is that

* On internal servers I just use ou=int,ou=users,... that only internal
   users are in the system
* And on the external servers (Mail and Web) I want to have the internal
   ones *and* the external ones so I just take the whole ou=users,... as
   base.

Complicated...

Maybe I could use aliases to point the machines branch into the ou=int
branch? But I have no experiences with aliases etc.

Regards,
Luke