[Samba] how to join to AD ? -Annoyed

mistofeles ptmusta at utu.fi
Tue Dec 15 04:37:30 MST 2009

mistofeles wrote:

> I'm installing another Ubuntu 9.10 server from scratch with the advice
> above.
> It seems that you got to instal krb5-users and krb5-client to make it
> work.

I spent hours with this. In the end I installed this samba4-bla-bla and
managed to make 'net' run, but managed not to make a connection.
In this time my previous servers started to give unnumbered and -documented
error messages.
I really wonder, if there is any way to make Samba work.
There is too much undocumented material. New versions of programs are
dripping in all the time and nobody seems to know how to make it work.
I'm a professional with computers meaning that I have had possibilities and
time to work with this. I just wonder how an normal user manages with this
mess.