[Samba] winbind issue with samba 3.3.9

Wasim Bashir bashirwz at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 15 02:26:34 MST 2009

Hi,

This morning I had an issue with winbind where it lost all its uid's, I
tried restarting samba and winbind but still no joy :-(

The only way to fix it was to change the following :

                idmap config WEBHOSTING : schema_mode = rfc2307
                idmap config WEBHOSTING : backend      = ad
                idmap config WEBHOSTING : range        = 500 - 300000000

to :

                idmap config ALLDOMAINS : schema_mode = rfc2307
                idmap config ALLDOMAINS : backend      = ad
                idmap config ALLDOMAINS : range        = 500 - 300000000

Does anyone know why this problem occurs ? Is it winbind caching ?

I previously had this problem when i upgraded to 3.3.9 for 3.2.15, again the
fix was to change the name of the idmap config..

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wasim