[Samba] Sharing Troubles

ti at tempofilmes.com.br ti at tempofilmes.com.br
Sun Dec 13 05:32:12 MST 2009

Hello Guys, I`m using Samba Version 3.2.7 on my SLAMD 64, and I`m so newbie in (SAMAB) Wild
World :D  Them, I got the solutions for it:  (Help dear community please):

Scope:  1 Server with Samba and like 30 Workstations with Windows (XP - VISTA - 7), and plus
12 APPLE G5 with MACOSX

I got like 6 Folder Sharing on my smb.conf, but here below I will paste only global and 3
Shares for explain my problem.

My Problem: I need be able to use Financial folder only with members of (Financial) and the
owner of this folder is (theone), I’ve use chmod 770 in it, but anyone can access it, read and
write on it... and I need to have a personal drop box on my system too, that can`t works fine.
example: Everyone on my system got the personal drop box, anyone can see the content of it,
only the owner, but anyone can drop files or folder there, it`s like a transparent drop box..

SMB.CONF   (GLOBAL - Financial - PERSONAL: Another  Shares is equal financial, because I use
to copy and paste it, only changing the Path, force group, write and read group, and comment)

[global]
        workgroup = SMGROUP
        netbios name = SM-GROUP
        server string = ZEUS-SMGROUP
        interfaces = 192.168.0.200/24
        smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -r -g workstation -c "Samba Workstations" -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %u
        socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        security = user
        logon script = %U.bat
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 100
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        comment = SMGROUP Server
        inherit owner = yes

[Financeiro]
        browseable = yes
        writeable = yes
        path = /HDS/MASTER/financeiro
        force directory mode = 770
        force create mode = 770
        force group = financeiro
        write list = @financeiro
        comment = SMGROUP Finantial Files

[personal]
        browseable = yes
        path = /HDS/MASTER/personal
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        force directory mode = 3700
        write list = @users
        read list = @users
        comment = Personal Transparent Drop Box of SMGROUP

[Carlos]
        browseable = no
        path = /HDS/MASTER/personal/carlos
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 3700
        write list = @users
        read list = @users
        comment = Personal Transparent Drop Box of Carlos

[Roberto]
        browseable = no
        path = /HDS/MASTER/personal/roberto
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 3700
        write list = @users
        read list = @users
        comment = Personal Transparent Drop Box of Roberto