[Samba] Limit users storing BIG files

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Fri Dec 11 08:33:32 MST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:44 AM, S.Kani <s.kani at rifluxyss.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Samaba for my network users and I run out of space soon as so
> many users store BIG files on the share folders.
>
> Is there a way to specify the max size for a file that can be stored using
> Samaba?
>
> Or At least max size for a folder will also help.
>
> The only thing I'm aware of is file systems quotas. That will restrict a
user's space usage, but will let them store big files up to the size of
their quota. If you are using a simple set-up where every person uses the
same username and password, it will restrict all users to the same space.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University