[Samba] VFS full_audit problem

Wed Dec 9 15:33:46 MST 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 12:29:21PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 05:47:18PM +0100, Tomasz Przewlucki wrote:
> > I had implemented on one of my shares vfs full_audit module. It was
> > working with Samba 3.0.x without any problems.
> >
> > After migration to Samba 3.4.3 this function doesn't work anymore - when
> > it's enabled then share isn't accessible from users (it's visible but
> > getting error when trying to connect to it).
> > Audit and extd_audit vfs's are working fine, but they doesn't meet my
> > requirements.
> >
> > I've tried full_audit on shares with and without extended attributes
> > (ext3 with xattr), getting same results.
>
> Well it broke everything for me too when I enabled it.  I did not try
> it before though so I have no idea that it used to work.  I had to turn
> it off right away.  It sure seems like tha full_audit is totally broken
> at this time (well it logs lots of stuff, it just prevents users from
> doing anything too).

With a freshly compiled v3-4-test (not very far away from
3.4.3, I'm not aware of significant VFS changes), I set up a
share tmp:

[tmp]
        path = /tmp
        read only = No
        available = yes
        vfs objects = full_audit
        full_audit:prefix = %u|%I
        full_audit:success = mkdir rename rmdir write open
        full_audit:failure = none

I could connect just fine and do things. What is your exact
problem? Do you have logfiles, or an a bit more exact
description how to reproduce your failure?

Thanks,

Volker