[Samba] Getting Windows XP drivers from print$

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Dec 4 08:43:50 MST 2009

Torkil Svensgaard wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I have two very similar printers set up on CUPS and Samba is
> configured to share the drivers. I had been playing around with
> setting up a RAW printer queue with native Windows drivers but
> eventually gave up on that. I deleted all printers and redid them from
> scratch and now only one of them works.
>
> Setup:
> Ubuntu Karmic 2.6.31-15-server #50-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 10 15:50:36 UTC
> 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Samba Version 3.4.0
What issues did you have with windows drivers?

My guess is that your driver issues can be attributed to printing
changes in samba v.3.4.x:
http://groups.google.co.kr/group/linux.samba/browse_thread/thread/23640b2efd7925a1/6b323230442a04b9?lnk=raot

Try using v3.3.x and see if you have better luck.

regards,
Ryan