[Samba] Strange problem with full_audit breaking getxattr.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 3 15:32:03 MST 2009

I wanted to track down what was deleting some files from a samba share
once in a while (which should not be getting deleted), so I thought
using the full_audit module made sense.  Unfortunately when I add the
full_audit module using 'vfs objects = full_audit' the windows clients
stop being able to access files (smbclient still works).  The audit says:

Dec  3 16:41:50 rceng01 smbd_audit: <username>|<userip>|getxattr|fail (Operation not supported)|<QA/Test-Procedures-Work/Proc-UCP/scripts/no-static-vlan.txt|user.SAMBA_PAI

If I remove the full_audit it goes back to working normally.

This is of course not at all what I expected.

--
Len Sorensen