[Samba] samba & unix group permissions problems

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:54:09 MST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 17:21, Mariano Absatz <el.baby at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 07:32, vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear mariano
>>
>>    Why you not using 'force group' parameter . This will set group owner of
>> newly created folder correctly.
> That I tried to no avail... it didn't work either :-(

Hi... I'm sorry I didn't follow this up on time... I did eventually
solve it and wanted to share what the problem was.

The problem was that the uidNumber of the users involved, as they had
been created 'before samba', I had left them out of the idmap range
and somehow samba was either trying to generate new unix user id's or
something.

Widening the idmap range to cover the already created uidNumber's
solved the problem.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
www.clueless.com.ar