[Samba] Samba 3.4.2 with Solaris ZFS Snaphots

Ralf Hornik Mailings ralf at best.homeunix.org
Wed Dec 2 02:13:47 MST 2009

Hi,

Ed Plese <ed at edplese.com> wrote:

> What patches are currently pending?  Do any of them eliminate the need
> for some of the ZFS patches?

Obviously none. The patches from
http://www.edplese.com/samba-with-zfs.html do actually work with some
modifications. But with 3.5 after compiling well the module doesn't
work at all, and breaks folder sharing:

[2009/12/01 14:14:55.967820,  0] smbd/service.c:1009(make_connection_snum)
   '/data/daten' is not a directory, when connecting to [Daten]

> Has anyone else started merging these patches to the shadow_copy2
> module?  If not, I'll get started with it.

Is there any documentation about this modules (resp. shadow_copy2) ? I
need some hints how to configure e.g. the location of the snapdir,
format, ...
Regards

Ralf