[Samba] Samba 3.4.2 with Solaris ZFS Snaphots

Ed Plese ed at edplese.com
Tue Dec 1 20:35:43 MST 2009

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of proper threading, but I wasn't subscribed to the
list at the time.

On Nov 26, 2009, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> > > Hmmm - these patches look really interesting ! I wonder
> > > how they didn't get added into mainline source code....
> >
> > Maybe because nobody wants to touch the shadow_copy module?
> > shadow_copy2 is the one that has seen fixes lately, I have
> > some patches for shadow_copy2 that are still pending to be
> > merged upstream.

What patches are currently pending?  Do any of them eliminate the need
for some of the ZFS patches?

> Ah ok, didn't realize the difference between the two.
> Maybe we should remove the vfs_shadow_copy and concentrate
> everything on vfs_shadow_copy2 (and look at merging these
> patches).

Has anyone else started merging these patches to the shadow_copy2
module?  If not, I'll get started with it.

Ed Plese