[Samba] Desiring to set up Windows Vista and Linux Fedora Core 4 Samba; brand new subscriber

Gary Dale garydale at rogers.com
Fri Aug 28 11:50:09 MDT 2009

Barry L. Bond wrote:
> Greetings!
>
>      I am a brand new subscriber to this mailing list.  I will try to be
> kind and humble, and I would appreciate if anyone reading this could offer
> to help me set this up, I would appreciate it.
>

>      I have 192.168 addresses, and I will openly share whatever
> information you may need to help me figure this out.
>
>      Thank you very much!  I look forward to possibly working with you.
>
>      Barry

I read your entire post and am still not sure of what you want. Can you
define the roles that the various computers will be playing vis-a-vis
Samba - such as:

Vista: Samba client
Fedora: Linux file server
Solaris: does not participate

However, what I generally recommend is that you install and use SWAT on
your Samba server. The configuration wizard works quite well.