[Samba] Problems with groups using samba + ldap

Marcelo Terres mhterres at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:15:38 MDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with samba 3.028a (ubuntu package) +LDAP and I'm
getting an odd problem.

I have a user and this user had 4 groups (1 principal and 3 complementary)

if I run id <user> in the console of samba server the command returns 4
groups (so LDAP is working fine).

But when I'm trying to access a samba share (with log level 5), I noticed
that samba returns that the user had 12 complementary groups (he had before,
but now we changed to just 4, and one of them is a new group that doesn't
appear in this list)

Is there some cache that I can flush ? I tried net cache flush but the
problem persist.

Anybody can help me ?

Regards,

Marcelo H. Terres