[Samba] default profile

Tamás Pisch pischta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:26:36 MDT 2009

Hi,

I installed a SaMBa PDC and a BDC. When I log in to an XP client with a new
user, sometimes I get the initial profile settings from the netlogon share,
but often from local. When I get the local default settings, it is not
syncronized to the server at logout. Even if I get the new profile from the
server, on the same client, next time, with a new user, I get the new
profile from local. I don't understand why, and I didn't get error
message/log.
PDC's smb.conf:
[global]
    dos charset = CP852
    unix charset = UTF8
    workgroup = PERCZELMOR
    server string = %h - PERCZELMOR PDC
    interfaces = 127.0.0.0/8, eth0
    bind interfaces only = Yes
    passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://127.0.0.1:389"
    log level = 1 auth:2
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    smb ports = 139
    name resolve order = wins host bcast
    time server = Yes
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    rename user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -r '%unew' '%uold'
    add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
    delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
    add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
    delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
    set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
    logon script = scripts\logon.cmd
    logon path = \\SRV3\profiles\%U
    logon drive = H:
    logon home = \\SRV3\%U
    domain logons = Yes
    preferred master = Yes
    wins support = Yes
    ldap admin dn = cn=su,dc=perczelmor,dc=site
    ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
    ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
    ldap machine suffix = ou=People
    ldap passwd sync = Yes
    ldap suffix = dc=perczelmor,dc=site
    ldap ssl = no
    ldap user suffix = ou=People
    eventlog list = Security, Application, Syslog
    usershare max shares = 0
    usershare path = /home/samba/usershares
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    create mask = 0777
    map acl inherit = Yes
    veto oplock files = /*.pdf/*.pst/
    browseable = No
    csc policy = disable

[netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /home/samba/netlogon
    guest ok = Yes
    fake oplocks = Yes

[profiles]
    comment = Users profiles
    path = /home/samba/profiles
    read only = No
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700
    profile acls = Yes

BDC's smb.conf:
[global]
    dos charset = CP852
    unix charset = UTF8
    workgroup = PERCZELMOR
    server string = %h - PERCZELMOR BDC
    interfaces = 127.0.0.0/8, eth0
    bind interfaces only = Yes
    passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://127.0.0.1:389"
    syslog = 2
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    smb ports = 139
    name resolve order = wins host bcast
    time server = Yes
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    logon script = scripts\logon.cmd
    logon path = \\SRV3\profiles\%U
    logon drive = H:
    logon home = \\SRV3\%U
    domain logons = Yes
    domain master = No
    dns proxy = No
    wins server = 192.168.0.3
    ldap admin dn = cn=su,dc=perczelmor,dc=site
    ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
    ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
    ldap machine suffix = ou=People
    ldap passwd sync = Yes
    ldap suffix = dc=perczelmor,dc=site
    ldap ssl = no
    ldap user suffix = ou=People
    eventlog list = Security, Application, Syslog
    usershare max shares = 0
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    map acl inherit = Yes