[Samba] Profiles updates...

Hansjörg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Mon Aug 31 04:01:31 MDT 2009

Hi

we had a strange problem like you decribe to.

It was related to the

nvidia display driver services

Have a look at

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=85358

(if the nvidia display driver service is running on the affected system)

regards

Hansjörg

John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem with my profiles...
> When a user creates a new file; it correctly appears in its profile on the server when the profile is saved.
> But, when he deletes a file; it is not deleted from its profile on the server.
> In the mean time, he can connect to his profile folder on the server and delete them manualy...
> Any idea what could be the problem?
> I looked at the logs (lvl 1) and don't see any error messages...
>
> [Profiles]
>    path = /home/SAMBA/
>    browseable = no
>    writable = yes
>    profile acls = Yes
>    map read only = Permissions
>    create mode = 0600
>    directory mask = 0700
>    csc policy = disable
>    nt acl support = no
>    hide files = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/
>
> [Profiles.V2]
>    copy = Profiles
>
> Thx,
> JD

Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Institut fuer Robotik und Mechatronik

Dr. Hansjörg Maurer

LAN- und Systemmanager