[Samba] How are tickets used by Samba in an Active Directory environment?

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:50:13 MDT 2009

Hi

2009/8/29 Jose Perez <jvoorhees1 at gmail.com>:
> Hi there:
>
> I'm just setting up a Samba as member of an Active Directory Domain. I
[...]
> I was searching at Google about Samba, Kerberos, Active Directory and
> tickets purporse but I didn't find a good explanation. I'd just like to know
> if I just configure some Kerberos params at the Active Directory Server, or
> maybe configure a cron to renew tickets or maybe if I just should run kinit
> once and then forget about Kerberos forever.

I *think* that you run kinit only to test that Kerberos is working
properly and that the kinit command you run has nothing to do with
Samba.  My Kerberos knowledge is a little lacking, but I think the
Wikipedia article has a nice description:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerberos_%28protocol%29

Where it refers to "Service Server" or "SS" you should read it as "Samba".

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>