[Samba] Fwd: most common way to implement 'net time' privileges

Jean-Jacques Moulis jj at isy.liu.se
Fri Aug 28 03:18:32 MDT 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:29:56 +0200 Witold Tosta <witold.tosta at neostrada.pl> wrote:

WT> Liutauras Adomaitis pisze:
WT> >> So I change the their local policy setting. Dumb solution, bo I cannot do
WT> >> that other way.
WT> >
WT> > Do do it by hand on all computers localy?

WT> Unfortunately for now I do it that way :-(

WT> Maybe someone have some civilized solution ?

WT> Witek

ntrights -u "Domain Users" +r SeSystemTimePrivilege  -m \\computer

Use Wpkg  WWW.wpkg.org to automate this (and many other things)

but why give this right to users?
you could synchronize clocks by other means

run the following on every client (via Wpkg or psexec or ...)

sc config w32time start= auto
net time /setsntp:your.favorite.ntp.server
net stop w32time & net start w32time
w32tm /resync /nowait

--
Jean-Jacques   Moulis                              Tel:  (013) 281684
ISY                                                Fax:  (013) 139282
Linköping University                            E-mail: jj at isy.liu.se
581 83 Linköping