[Samba] sambaPwdMustChange not synced on PDC from BDC

nogenetics nogenetics nnogenetics at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 02:25:55 MDT 2009

Hi
I have a PDC/BDC samba/ldap environment.

PDC:
samba 3.0.24
slapd 2.3.30

BDC:
samba 3.2.5
slapd 2.4.11

Ldap replication is working fine, but I have noticed two issues

1- when a windows user change password on BDC, sambaPwdMustChange and
sambaPwdCanChange is not synced on PDC
    (using ldap passwd sync = yes and unix password sync = no)

2- when using 'net sam set pwdmustchange'  on PDC, sambaPwdCanChange is not
synced on BDC

Anyone can point me what's wrong?

About issue 1-  , I can use unix password sync = yes and ldap passwd sync =
no (using smbldap-passwd) as workaround, but windows user get that annoying
warning message (decode_pw_buffer-incorrect-password-length topic).  Is
there a way to avoid this warning message?
This is a issue many users are experiencing.

Thanks in advance for your time