[Samba] Samba profile/profdata and Windows XP/Vista/7

Richard Lamboj Richard.Lamboj at gmx.at
Thu Aug 27 03:24:19 MDT 2009

Hello,

at the moment we have only windows xp clients, but we got some windows vista clients and in the future windows 7.

So i think i need to make for every Windows Version a profile(\\server\profiles), or? We use for Desktop, My Documents and other Directorys Profile Redirections, for a fast logon.

I know(or i think to know) that there is a Variable in Samba for the Windows Version, but which Directories need to be seperated?

Is there a Solution to create more Profile Redirections than the Default one in the Registry(I mean those default Variables for profiles)?

Have a nice day :-)