[Samba] Fwd: most common way to implement 'net time' privileges

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:06:49 MDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Volker
Lendecke<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 06:05:35PM +0300, Liutauras Adomaitis wrote:
>> now size is few times larger. Try it now
>> http://www.infosaitas.lt/logas.txt
>
> Normally a "Device is not functioning" (or so) means an
> NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL error message. I don't see any such
> error message in the logs. When *exactly* did the error
> happen when you took the log?

My procedure:
- change max log size to something very big
- reload samba
- tail -f the workstations.log file to some other file
- go to that workstation and launch usrmgr.exe and go to policies -> user rights
- At this point I get the error
- cancel tail -f process
- send you a log file

Maybe I should send you also smbd.log file?