[Samba] Samba + ldap issues

Allgood, John jallgood at ohl.com
Tue Aug 25 07:53:03 MDT 2009

Hey All

I am having a problems with using openldap and samba. We have been having issues with samba passwords expiring and I have tried several things to resolve the issues. The ldap server was setup using the smbldap-tools. When the password expires the only thing I have been able to do is to reset the password. I have tried the smbldap-usemod -B -1 &username to disable the SambaPwdMustChange. Also tried to set the SambaAcctFlags to UX. We set this ldap server up in hurry and did not have a chance to implement a proper password policy. This is using the stock version of Samba and LDAP that came with RHEL5.

John Allgood
Senior Systems Administrator
Turbo, division of OHL
2251 Jesse Jewell Pky. NE
Gainesville, GA 30507
tel: (678) 989-3051  fax: (770) 531-7878

jallgood at ohl.com<mailto:jallgood at ohl.com>
www.ohl.com<http://www.ohl.com>

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.