[Samba] Veto files question

Allen Chen achen at harbourfrontcentre.com
Tue Aug 25 07:39:32 MDT 2009

Andrew Masterson wrote:
> hide unreadable = yes
>
> is the closest I can think of.  You could then set perms to something
> like 400 and only owners will be able to read their own files.
>
> -=Andrew

Thank you, Andrew.
Changing the perms is not the solution. This is what I want to do:
I have a public share. Everybody can read,write and modify files within
this share. This works perfect.
* I want to create another 'share' in smb.conf pointing to the same folder.
* When a user mounts this share, he will only see the files belongs to his.
I think Samba should have the power to filter it. Any idea?

Allen