[Samba] Question on sambapwdhistorylength attribute

Mon Aug 24 13:32:35 MDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:29:00PM -0600, Gary Peck wrote:
> I keep getting an error in my Sun DS 5.2 error log about a schema
> violation complaining about sambapwdhistorylength attribute.  I am using
> the DS 5.2 schema from the tar file I download and I have checked and
> their is not sambapwdhistorylength attribute in it.  Anybody have any ideas?

Unfortunately the only schema we really keep up to date is
the samba.schema file for OpenLDAP. The other ones are
mostly user contributions. So if you have a way to convert
samba.schema to a format that your directory server will
accept, we'd be happy to include your patch!

Volker