[Samba] Samba 3.4.0: wbinfo -g does not show BUILTIN groups

Arendt, Volker Arendt at wiwi.uni-wuppertal.de
Mon Aug 24 02:52:43 MDT 2009

Hello all,

We are currently running samba version 3.4.0 on AIX. We are using idmap rid as we do have only one domain called FB6.

When we applied permissions to user directories we gave group permissions to the BUILTIN\administrators group. This used to work for samba 3.0.26a.

Now we experience the following problem: when we execute wbinfo -g we do not see the BUILTIN\administrators group, neither do we see any other BUILTIN group. In the filesystem only the group id 15000 is shown by ls -al.

Does anybody have a clue what is going on? Does samba 3.4.0 have a winbind problem?

Kind regards

Volker