[Samba] Samba and Windows Server 2003 Native Functional Level

Fri Aug 21 06:58:36 MDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:46:24AM -0400, William O'Leary wrote:
> Anyone? :)
>
> I have a mix of Solaris 9 and 10 machines running versions
> of samba from 2.2.12 to 3.0.24.  I would like to know if I
> upgrade all of my Domain Controllers to 2003, and change
> the functional level to 2003 Native, what version of Samba
> at a minimum would I need to be running so that things
> still work.

Samba 2 will definitely not work, normally W2k3 DCs require
SMB signing which Samba 2 does not do. 3.0.24 *should* work,
but it is end of life. So if you're facing difficulties,
you're on your own. 3.3 and 3.4 are actively maintained, 3.2
is security fixes only.

Volker