[Samba] Antwort: Re: central PDC + remote BDCs: LDAP strategy, my lack of comprehension

Michal Dobroczynski michal.dobroczynski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 02:33:56 MDT 2009

Hello Sven,
How about using multiple password servers?

A copy-paste from man:
Example: password server = NT-PDC, NT-BDC1, NT-BDC2, *

This way you could have two password servers in two locations. If one
fails the other will take over (it sounds easy, but make sure you read
it carefully in the manual as there are some restrictions regarding
this behavior).

Regards,
Michal