[Samba] netlogon.bat issues

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Aug 20 14:11:00 MDT 2009

Hallo, David,

Du meintest am 20.08.09:

> The preexec script actually creates a netlogon.bat file for each user
> when they log in and sets the file ownership to that of the user
> logging in.

Can DOS/Windows run this batch file? If it's created under Linux maybe
it has Linux LF and not DOS CRLF.

A simple check is "opening" it with "notepad" (not with "wordpad").

> So the batch file is being created by the Linux server.
> Since I can execute the bat files manually via a command line on an
> XP host, wouldn't that mean that the file is ok?

That's the minimum.

I can't believe that your way is useful.

I'd prefer 1 logon.bat for all users with some "if ... then" parts for
special cases.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut