[Samba] Fwd: Not able to display domain users using wbinfo

Avinash Rao avinash.aol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:33:56 MDT 2009

Why i need winbind..
coz, i have a requirement to control samba users accessing the
internet through squid. I checked the squid ACL's and i can
restrict/allow samba users from accessing the internet but there are
too many users. The other option is to use "src IP Address" option in
squid, but i have a constraint here as i have other users who cannot
be restricted and are in the same subnet..

So, the only other option is to use the windows groups they belong to,
for which i need to winbind!