[Samba] Enforcing local profile doesn't let Home Directory mapping

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed Aug 19 01:36:00 MDT 2009

Avinash Rao wrote:
> You mean in smb.conf file? i have added host allow = 127.

Allowing hosts wont do any good if samba isn't listening on the
interface that those hosts are connected to. If you want to allow
connections from localhost you need to listen on loopback.

> The thing is i don't have any windows server in the network, I have
> one Ubuntu Server and samba is configured as PDC.
I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>