[Samba] Enforcing local profile doesn't let Home Directory mapping

Avinash Rao avinash.aol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 00:18:00 MDT 2009

I knew this was an option, I also did try this option and what happens
is the home directory is mapped, but the user is not able to create an
file, it says access is denied? But he is able to create a folder?

the command used in logon.bat file is net use h: \\server\%USERNAME%

Also, is there a way i can control the file permission on the clients
local harddrive from samba. For example, If a user A logs in to the
samba domain, he will not have any access to the local hard drive, can
we give permission from the samba, probably make that domain user a
part of power users on the client machine.

Thanks
Avinash