[Samba] Peculiar difference between two Samba servers

Leon Roy leon.roy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:24:33 MDT 2009

Better solution:
[global]
    interfaces = eth1 lo
    bind interfaces only = yes

Source: http://samba.org/~tpot/articles/multiple-interfaces.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "leon roy" <leon.roy at gmail.com>
To: "leon roy" <leon.roy at gmail.com>
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 2:39:55 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: [Samba] Peculiar difference between two Samba servers

Solved my own problem no thanks to y'all! ;)

There was a difference between the two servers after all, Server 1 had one network interface, Server 2 had two.

Set the following option in smb.conf on Server 2:
socket address = LISTENING_ADDRESS

And the problem went away,

I'm curious though why auto authentication via kerberos didn't work unless I manually entered the username and password...

best,
-Leon