[Samba] Samba PDC + OpenLDAP (Debian Lenny)

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at me.com
Sun Aug 16 05:33:44 MDT 2009

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009, Henrik Dige Semark might have said:

> Hey.
> I'm trying to move my existing MS-AD over to SAMBA, the place I'm
> working for is changing all servers from MS to Debian, but all the
> clients is still a mixed environment for now.
> We have MAC, *NIX, and Windows clients, so its imported that everything
> keeps running in the same or almost the same way as before the change but.
>
> When I try to join a Windows Vista Ultimate ore Windows XP Pro to the
> domain it takes 30 sec and then it says "The machine account dos not
> exist" but as I understand that is what
> "add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -t 0 -w -i "%u"" has to
> do right ?
>
> I have pasted my config + log from OpenLDAP and SAMBA, can anybody see
> what I have don wrung

I'm not at work and am unable to compare your configuration with
my production configuration. I have a similar environment, though,
and found for windows boxes I needed to create the account in LDAP
first (I use smbldap-adduser ...), then I must also add my samba
server as a WINS server to the windows box, then I can join the
windows box to my samba pdc domain.

Mike