[Samba] Is Samba useful in an all-Linux environment?

Mon Aug 17 14:27:06 MDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 01:18:41PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Plus if Steve French or Jeff ever write the client code
> for CIFSFS it has transport encryption built into the
> UNIX extensions (krb5 or NTLMv2 keying).

Next one: Once I'm done with my winbind cleanup the next
project there is to provide an alternative to nss_ldap or
nss_nis: winbind as a member of a samba domain will just be
a plug-in replacement for nss_ldap, secure without the
hassles to set up TLS transport. The security will be
provided the same way Windows does it, by means of the
workstation membership in the domain.

Volker