[Samba] CTDB+GFS2+CMAN. clean_start="0" or clean_start="1"?

Yauheni Labko yyl at chappy.com
Mon Aug 17 06:59:50 MDT 2009

I've tried to get OCFS2 1.4.1 with CTDB but no success. Maybe you give me idea
what I did wrong.

We have 2 nodes. Both nodes are running on Debian/Lenny. I've tried 2.6.26 and
backported 2.6.29/2.6.30. The access to OCFS2 partition is by iscsi.

The configuration file on both nodes:
smb01:~# cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
cluster:
  node_count = 2
  name = smb-cluster

node:
  ip_port= 7777
  ip_address = 10.0.1.2
  number = 1
  name = smb01
  cluster = smb-cluster

node:
  ip_port= 7777
  ip_address = 10.0.1.3
  number = 2
  name = smb02
  cluster = smb-cluster

All partitions are mounted:
/dev/sdb1 on /smb-ocfs2 type ocfs2 (rw,_netdev,heartbeat=local)
/dev/sdc1 on /smb-ctdb-ocfs2 type ocfs2 (rw,_netdev,heartbeat=local)

CTDB puts locking file on /smb-ctdb-ocfs2/.ctdb_locking.
When I starts CTDB on both nodes I have in log:

server/ctdb_recover.c:634 Recovery mode set to NORMAL
ctdb_recovery_lock: Got recovery lock on '/smb-ctdb-ocfs2/.ctdb_locking'
ERROR: recovery lock file /smb-ctdb-ocfs2/.ctdb_locking not locked when
recovering!
server/ctdb_recover.c:968 startrecovery eventscript has been invoked

What configuration did you use? Or rather to say what besides CTDB you used?
I've met a post that pacemaker should be used to get CTDB worked with OCFS2.
In what context pacemaker is used?

Yauheni Labko (Eugene Lobko)
Junior System Administrator
Chapdelaine & Co.