[Samba] Renaming a computer on the domain

sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Mon Aug 17 05:49:46 MDT 2009

John Drescher wrote:
>> How come I have to disconnect from the domain, rename the computer,
>> reboot, join the domain and then reboot again.
>>

> I usually I do all of that minus the first reboot.
> John

I was thinking that I had to reboot after the first step.  Thought it gave
me an error, but maybe I am wrong.  I'll try it and see.

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?