[Samba] Renaming a computer on the domain

sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Sun Aug 16 19:49:26 MDT 2009

How come I have to disconnect from the domain, rename the computer,
reboot, join the domain and then reboot again.

I have always had to do this and just thought it was a domain thing, but
talking with some others that run Windows servers, they do not have to do
this.  They just change the computer name.

BTW, just wanted to say thanks to Mr. Terpstra and everyone else that
helped while getting my new server going.  Right now it is running
smoothly and I appreciate all of the input that I received.

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?