[Samba] Permission Issues

Shaun Martin smartin at akazaresearch.com
Fri Aug 14 14:22:22 MDT 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to achieve something pretty simple. I have a samba share and I
would like all new directories and files within that share to have 775
permissions. My config for that share is below. Whenever I create a dir I
get 755 permissions. I have set every force permission their is. Both
configs below produced the same directory. I feel like this should be very
easy and my settings are correct. I have been managing samba server for
years and have never run into this issue before. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,
Shaun

ls of newly created dir
drwxr-xr-x  2 smartin  akaza     48 2009-08-14 16:15 shaun

Orig Config:

    delete readonly = yes
    writeable = yes
    path = /shared
    force directory mode = 0775
    force create mode = 0775
    comment = Shared Files
    public = no
create mask = 0775
directory mask = 0775
    browseable = yes

Crazy Config setting every force option:

    delete readonly = yes
    writeable = yes
    path = /shared
    force directory mode = 0775