[Samba] Vista Issues with samba

Clinton Mills Clinton at Hitcents.com
Wed Aug 12 09:47:28 MDT 2009

We have Samba setup for our shared drive. I have pasted the smb.conf file
below. Everything is working well accept when we try and run an EXE file
using Windows Vista. When we run an EXE file it first ask for UAC control
then it pops up the username and password prompt. You must then type your
username and password in again before it will run.

I think the issues is that UAC is now running the application under Admin
instead of the logged in user. So the first username and password that is
cached is not seen by the admin user. Does anyone know of a work around for
this?

Smb.conf:

[global]

passdb backend = tdbsam

security = user

encrypt passwords = yes

preferred master = Yes

workgroup = Workgroup

netbios name = Omni

bind interfaces only = True

interfaces = lo eth2

;max disk size = 990000   ;some programs (like PS7) can't deal with more
than 1TB

socket options = TCP_NODELAY

server string = Omni

;smb ports = 139

debuglevel = 1

syslog = 0

log level = 2

log file = /var/log/samba/%U.log

max log size = 61440

vfs objects = omnidrive recycle

recycle:repository = RecycleBin/%U

recycle:keeptree = Yes

recycle:touch = No

recycle:versions = Yes

recycle:maxsize = 0

recycle:exclude = *.temp *.mp3 *.cat

omnidrive:log = 2

omnidrive:com_log = 1

omnidrive:vscan = 1

omnidrive:versioningState = 1

omnidrive:versioningMaxFileSize = 0

omnidrive:versioningMaxRevSize = 7168

omnidrive:versioningMaxRevNum = 1000

omnidrive:versioningMinRevNum = 0

omnidrive:versioningfilesInclude = /*.doc/*.docx/*.xls/*.xlsx/*.txt/*.bmp/

omnidrive:versioningfilesExclude =
/*.tmp/*.temp/*.exe/*.com/*.jarr/*.bat/.*/

full_audit:failure = none

full_audit:success = mkdir rename unlink rmdir write open close

full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%m|%S

full_audit:priority = NOTICE

full_audit:facility = LOCAL6

;dont descend = RecycleBin

veto files = /.subversion/*.do/*.do/*.bar/*.cat/

client ntlmv2 auth = yes

[netlogon]

path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon

read only = yes