[Samba] I am try to install samba on debian 2.6

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Sat Aug 8 01:35:38 MDT 2009

Quoting Samantha Bandara (hera_hms at yahoo.com):
> i am new to samba i want install PDC on debian2.6 with xp prop.

Hello Samantha,

I am one of the maintainers of the Samba packages in Debian. Please
note that I am not a Samba developer myself and not necessarily a
Samba expert. Still, we need to narrow down your problem.

I'm not really sure of what you exactly mean by "Debian 2.6". I don't
think there has ever been such version of Debian, so I suspect you're
mixing this with the version of the Linux kernel.

Could you please give the output of "cat /etc/debian_version"?

Have you installed samba already?

If you have, have you used the packages provided in Debian or did you
do so manually by recompiling the sources?