[Samba] sharepoint services 3.0 and samba?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Aug 7 15:02:28 MDT 2009

I'm not really sure where to ask this, so please, no flames!  Has anyone
been able to get microsoft sharepoint services 3.0 to work with
authenticating my samba users that are in openldap?  I have SPS 3.0
installed on a Windows 2003 Server that is joined to my samba domain and
working ok, NT domain users can log into windows 2003 fine, but I can't
get http://sharepoint to authenticate the users.  i've tried
ADMIN\awilliam and just awilliam with my password, but it kicks me out
with an "Access Denied" error after a few tries.  I'm not really sure if
my problem lies with getting IIS to authenticate against samba/openldap,
or if its a setting in sharepoint services, or what?  I've google'd but
haven't came across anything helpful.  Any ideas?